SPE phase for solid phase extraction
The enrichment of hydrophilic analytes from polar matrices is a challenge because they often cannot be retained by C18 / C8-modified silica or hydrophobic polymer adsorbents. To overcome this issue MACHEREY-NAGEL developed CHROMABOND HLB, a hydrophilic-lipophilic balanced N-vinylpyrrolidone-divinylbenzene copolymer. Its lipophilic backbone interacts with nonpolar hydrocarbon residues of the analytes while the linked hydrophilic groups interact with polar functional groups to provide enhanced retention.
Advantages of CHROMABOND HLB
- Applicable for a wide range of analyte polarities
- Enhanced retention for polar compounds
- High loadability and outstanding performance
- Water wettable – even if bed runs dry, SPE can be continued
- The alternative to Oasis* HLB
* Oasis is a registered trademark of Waters Corporation, USA. The MACHEREY-NAGEL products are neither endorsed, nor sponsored by or affiliated with the Waters Corporation.