Nickel allergy is one of the best known allergies. Persons who are allergic to nickel should avoid the contact with nickel products. Just one touch with nickel may lead to itching, blisters and rash.
Worldwide, a fifth of the population reacts hyper-sensitive to nickel. Girls and women are primarily affected. Nickel is a metal which is used for jewelry, watches, zippers, glasses, cosmetics as well as cutlery and cans. Despite the EU directive for nickel free surfaces, no warranty exists that all products are completely free of nickel. Sweat and use might dissolve nickel ions and cause further allergic reactions.
A nickel test is helpful for the best protection against nickel allergy.